Wednesday, November 2, 2011

LISTEN UP!

OK, I feel that it's time for me to upload some pictures from Within Temptation's concert in Gothenburg last week and to tell you about how AWESOME the show was! xD


Me and two friends of mine got to the concert hall about 1:30 pm and stood there in the rain, freezing and shivering, 'til about 6:00 pm when the doors finally opened! By then, we had allready caught a glimpse of Sharon and the other band members as they arrived to do their soundcheck and it was totally unreal to actually see them in real life!

 

Since we were among the ones who had waited longest, we got to stand on the first row and as WT entered the stage, all hours of waiting were forgotten... It was totally worth it! xD

I DIED!!

They preformed for a bit more than one and a half hours and even though the concert was very proffessional, the show felt extremely personal ;) Sharon "spoke" to us in Swedish, even though she really can't speak our language, but once in a while she screamed "Thank you so much!" in Swedish! She was really present on stage and made eye contact with as many as she could - including me! x) After about half of the concert, she told us that Within Temptation now have a special bond to Sweden since their new guitarist is Swedish and damn you should have heard the croud as she said that! xD She had to hand the mic over to him so that he could speak with us in Swedish haha! Sharon just stood beside him, just smiling with all her face, not understanding a word :D Afterwords she simply said "Yeah, what he said!" and laughed!


But enough said about what they spoke about on stage!
I know I won't be able to describe how awesome this show was and how much I love this band, but I'll have to try: I begin by saying that I cried.  I cried. To the ones of you who know me, that means a lot - I NEVER cry! But Within Temptation made me cry and I couldn't stop my tears from falling... I've never experienced that emotion before... I don't even know if I was happy or sad or touched by the lyrics or just going insane. But I cried, oh damn I cried.

And I screamed - well I tried to sing haha - but I guess it sounded more like screaming x) It was the best concert I've ever been to and I find it very hard to believe that anything will be able to beat it.


When the show was over, and I had come to my senses again, we left the concert hall not knowing what to say. I think I didn't know anything worth saying... I still don't actually. No words can describe the evening properly. NO WORDS. But I guess you can say that it was damn f*cking awesome and get pretty close to the truth! xD

Later, as we went outside, we saw a group of people standing by the tour busses and trailers and we thought "why not join them?" x) Well, I alone made that decission for all the three of us, but there was NO WAY I was going to leave without Within Temptation's autographs if I had the opportunity of getting them! So that's why we stood in the freezing rain for about two hours, waiting. But then - finally - they came! And I was able to speak to all of them, tell them how awesome the show had been and how much I had been looking forward to the concert and how much I love their music! They signed my ticket (since I had nothing else for them to sign - black pen on black fabric doesn't work that well) and I got to say Happy B-day to the bass player since it was his birthday the same day. Then we spoke about the show and he claimed that the stage was a bit to small but I assured him that it didn't really matter since they'd be awesome no matter how small or big the stage is x) Then we got to take pictures with them! OMG!



Well, I suppose I better start summing this up ;) I guess I'll end this not so very short post by writing down a part of the conversation I had with the non-Swedish guitar player, Ruud:

Me: Thank you so much! The show was absolutley amazing! xD
R: No problem! Glad you liked it! :D
Me: Of course I liked it haha! You were awesome! ;D
R: Well thank you, you weren't that bad either ;P
All of us: Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment